Wednesday 20 February 2019

A quick re-cap on transformative learning theory

I have been accumulating everything that I have so far learnt about Transformative learning theory. The image above is a very condensed version, but I have put this onto my wall so that I can consistently keep on studying it. I have done this in order to become as familiar as possible with the theory before I commence my data collection (semi-structured interviews). I am sharing it here as I thought it may be useful for others to see a more visual representation of one element (or discourse) of my inquiry topic; How could different teaching methods/theories affect ballet pedagogy and will they positively optimise young dancer's abilities?

Also, I have 2 new key words to add to the glossary;
1. Critical Transivity - global and critical thinking enabling you to initiate/find change in oneself.
2. Individuation - the process by which individuals in society become differentiated from one another.

Trying my best to expand my academic vocabulary and always on the hunt to understand and incorporate new words... if anyone has any more word suggestions please comment below. Also if you are a teacher and interested in being part of my discussion for my inquiry please let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Syanne
    I did not know those two words and in what context to use them so thanks for that.
    I have noticed that the dancers on the modules seem to produce lots of charts. I wonder if this is because of their profession they are visual learners and this is a good pathway for them.
    As a performer (having to learn lines) I like to "words on the page" in my mind to help me recall them. However, I do really like all graphics/images etc. When looking through blogs they always catch my attention to read the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work. I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea. how to train a german sheperd

    ReplyDelete

What is the story you are going to tell?

Today, Tuesday 2nd April, we had a Module 3 skype session where we discussed the stories of our inquiries. Essentially, the entire process f...