Wednesday 24 October 2018

An unanticipated lesson learnt

I haven’t had a chance to blog in a while and as much as I would like to say that this is because of my packed schedule it is unfortunately because I have suffered a technical disaster .... all my work somehow decided to delete itself (I’m not the most technical person, but for the life of me and all the people who I have gone to for help, we can not recover the work or figure out why it has disappeared!) 

So after a pretty major freak out, I have set about trying to manually recover everything that I had already done. Thankfully I hadn’t deleted my search history, so I have been able to rediscover the literature which had taken my interest. (Although having to essentially start from scratch again has been a pretty big set back and I am going to have to push to catch up again.) 

I have always backed up my work, but now I am taking further care to back up and then back up again (and then again...) I have updated all my storage plans and expanded on these where needed. I am now backing up my work to several different places as well as always remembering to email my work to myself after every session. In a way I am happy that this happened to me now closer to the beginning of the module as opposed to the end and I have certainly learnt a lesson from it which I desperately needed to share with everyone. 

My message is this guys - back up your work!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is the story you are going to tell?

Today, Tuesday 2nd April, we had a Module 3 skype session where we discussed the stories of our inquiries. Essentially, the entire process f...